Il 25 aprile, ore 18,30-19,30. Terzo webinar offerto da Enartis USA. Se botti e barrique sono i contenitori abitualmente usati per l'invecchiamento di vini di alta qualità, la loro gestione è una sfida continua per l'enologo. Recentemente, sono stati sviluppati nuovi strumenti che permettono al tecnico di cantina di avere un miglior controllo e una maggiore flessibilità operativa. Se l'argomento vi interessa, partecipate a questi 40 minuti di presentazione in cui si discuterà di legni alternativi e nuove strategie di affinamento in legno.
OAK ALTERNATIVES: A MODERN APPROACH TOOAK AGEING
For centuries, winemakers have utilized the oak barrel for making wine. This relatively simple vessel currently serves several functions for producing high quality wines including oxidative development and flavor/aroma extraction. While oak barrels are the standard vessel for high quality wines, using oak barrels imposes some major challenges for winemakers. In recent years, new methods and tools have been developed which give winemakers greater control and flexibility with oak ageing. Please join us for this short, 40 minute presentation where we will discuss new alternative tools and strategies for oak ageing.
Date & Time
Tuesday, April 25
Instructions to participate in the webinar:
- Use this link to register for the webinar. After registering, you should receive a follow-up email with a personalized link to the webinar. You can test your connectivity to the webinar by following the link provided in that email. You may be prompted to download the latest version of Flashplayer - you will need download the latest version to participate in the webinar. It is a good idea to check your connectivity prior to the webinar date to ensure ample time to address any connectivity issues you may encounter before the webinar commences.
- Alternatively, if you cannot connect through your computer because you cannot download Flashplayer, you may also access the webinar through your tablet or smartphone via the Onstream webinar application. To download the app, simply click the webinar link with your smartphone or tablet and you will be redirected to the application download.
- Once you have downloaded the application, re-click the link for the webinar in the email and you should be directed to the webinar. If not, tap "tap here." Please note that you cannot use the chat function with your smartphone or tablet.
- The best connection is through a physical Ethernet cable, but Wi-Fi can also be used for this webinar. If you find that you are not connecting and are stuck on "trying to find the best connection," try closing the browser window, and relaunching the webinar through the link.
Save the Date for Future Webinars
- Microbe Management in Winemaking May 16
- Sparkling Winemaking May 30
- Harvest Series: Wine Production without SO2 June 13
- Harvest Series: Yeast Nutrition June 27
- Harvest Series: Color Stabilization July 11
- Harvest Series: How to Deal with Not-So-Great Grapes July 25