The demand for wines with low sulfur dioxide content is increasing. Producing wines with low SO2 content means creating a more natural wine, free of allergens and suitable for all types of consumers. At the same time, this type of production can increase the risk of oxidation problems or microbiological contamination of wine.
With the approval of the use of products based on chitosan, and antioxidant and antimicrobial tannins in enology, it is now easier to replace sulfur dioxide during fermentation and the entire winemaking process, avoiding changes in wine quality.
Enartis offers several products as alternatives to SO2 which provide:
– antimicrobial protection, particularly, activated chitosan provides antimicrobial control in wine and can be used to control the development of bacteria, non-Saccharomyces yeast and mold, including Botrytis and its spores
– antioxidant protection due to alternatives such as tannins, glutathione, ascorbic acid, citric acid and activated chitosan
– antioxidase protection by removing copper, the main cofactor of oxidative enzyme activity
The effectiveness of these products, unlike SO2, is not affected by wine pH and can therefore be used in any wine condition.
Complete the form to learn more about our mission, our history and commitment.
Wine producers in 50 countries
Application trials every year
Part of the local winemaking communities
Invested in innovation every year
EnartisStab Micro M
EnartisStab Micro M is special preparation of activated chitosan designed for microbiological stabilization of must and wine.
– Controls the development of many indigenous bacteria and yeast that can alter sensory characteristics of wine: Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Oenococcus, Acetobacter, etc.
– Promotes the prevalence of Saccharomyces yeast over non-Saccharomyces in cases of spontaneous fermentation.
– Reduces the effects of laccase in must obtained from botrytized grapes.
– Increases antioxidant protection of wine due to its capacity of chelating metals.
– Delays or inhibits malolactic fermentation (allergen-free alternative to lysozyme).
– Improves wine clarification and filtration.
– Improves sensory quality of wine by preventing the formation of microbiological-origin compounds (volatile acidity, sulfur compounds, volatile phenols, etc.).
Application: It can be used during all winemaking processes for damaged grapes or grapes affected by Botrytis, to promote the prevalence of selected yeast, for better aromatic cleanliness, to improve clarification of must and wine, for microbiological control and antioxidant protection by reducing and eliminating the use of SO2.
Hideki is a blend of selected and purified tannins that provides antioxidant and antimicrobial protection to wine.
Application: It can be used from the first stages of winemaking, during the storage of wine and before bottling as a natural and allergen-free substitute for SO2, to protect wine from oxidation and prevent alterations caused by undesirable microorganisms.
EnartisTan Rouge is a granulated blend of gallic, ellagic and condensed tannins. It’s an antioxidant sacrificial tannin that, when applied during initial vinification phases, prevents the loss of natural grape tannins, which will later contribute to color stabilization, structure and mouthfeel of the wine.
– Protects color and aromatic compounds from oxidation
– Promotes color stabilization from the beginning
– Reinforces the structure of wine
Complete the form to receive all the information you need about Enartis products or if you need to be contacted by one of our local sales representatives.