Claril SMK is a new fining agent developed to mitigate the impact of smoke exposure in all types of wine.
Its composition of a selected activated carbon boosted by chitosan and pea protein makes it effective for:
- Removing compounds associated with smoke taint;
- Fast clarification of juice or wine, allowing for the removal of the fining material simply by racking;
- Effective smoke taint removal with very low impact in color and phenolic content even at high addition rates;
- Restoring fruit character and freshness, as well reducing the “ashy” and bitter aftertaste common in smoke affected wines
Claril SMK does not contain allergenic compounds and is not required to be listed on the label. Additionally, the absence of products of animal origin allows it to be used in the production of wines destined for consumption by vegetarians and vegans.
- Applications: Treatment of juice or wine produced from grapes exposed to smoke; can be used in all types of wine, during juice settling, fermentation or wine
Dosage: 25 – 75 g/hL (2.1 – 6.3 lb/1,000 gal) in case of low-medium smoke impact;
75 – 150 g/hL (6.3 – 12.6 lb/1,000 gal) in case of high smoke impact;
150 – 300 g/hL (12.6 – 25.2 lb/1,000 gal) in case of very high smoke impact
- Packaging: 1 kg, 10 kg